We hope you will join your fellow YALers for one of the best events of the year! Join us as we start the 2019-2020 program year for Saint Sophia's Young Adult League at our 8th annual kickoff event, held in the Saint Sophia Atrium (coffee hour area).
Saturday, September 14 at 1:00 p.m.
YAL is the church's young adult fellowship and spiritual ministry representing ages 18-40* (*young at heart are welcome!). Whether you've attended Saint Sophia your whole life or you're new to the area, or simply interested in learning more about Orthodoxy or looking to meet new friends, this is the event for you! You are also very welcome to invite a friend(s)! We had more than 90 YALers attend last year!
We will be meeting up at Mission Dupont at 3:30 immediately following the kickoff! To enjoy fellowship and happy hour specials!
1) Meet your YAL Board and learn about plans for the year!
2) Fantastic opportunity to meet other young professional Greeks/Orthodox Christians in the DC metro area
3) Fr. Dimitri will welcome everyone and offer a blessing
4) Hear and learn about various Orthodox charity groups and local organizations, and how you can get involved
5) Offer ideas on how YAL can best serve YOU!
6) Annual Kickoff After-Party
Please RSVP on Facebook or email SaintSophiaYAL@gmail.com by Wednesday, September 5th.
If you've never had a chance to make it out to a YAL event before, this is a perfect time to start! We have a lot of fun events planned for the year, based on YAL's pillars of Worship, Witness, Service, Fellowship, and Education.
We look forward to meeting you!
As always, we welcome your feedback, comments, questions, and suggestions. Please e-mail SaintSophiaYAL@gmail.com.